INFORMATION FOR THE 2018 SEASON WILL BE UPDATED IN MARCH.
2017 Golf Commissioner – Darren Reisig – 658-5211 Email: email@example.com
- Student Registration with BCSS – deadline is April 10, 2017 to ensure your school has a team registered as well as our zone. Late forms will be assessed a $50.00 penalty. The berth allocation for the tournament will be determined by the number of teams registered by April 10. Names may be added until May 1.
- Reminder to register teams with BCSS and with the BCSS Golf Commission.
2017 LVISSAA and Island Golf Events
|as of April 26|
|Events in North Island or Mainland||Qualicum Memorial – April 7th 1 PM shotgun (Butch Gayton -firstname.lastname@example.org)
Morningstar Golf Club – April 12th 1:00 PM shotgun (Daryl Britz – email@example.com)
Alberni Golf Club – April 20th (Bob Matlock – firstname.lastname@example.org)
Delta Police Tournament – April 24/25 (Bill Richards – Seaquam Secondary School)
Crown Isle – April 27th (Colin Cunningham – Colin.Cunningham@sd71.bc.ca)Pheasant Glen – Wed May 10- tee times start at 12:30. $30 hosted by KSS and B GaytonNanaimo GCC – May ? (David Nelson – email@example.com)
Contact Jeremy Preston
|Lower Island Tournament||Tuesday May 9
11:00 AM Start
Please provide names, caps and grades for 5 players/school, no later than May 4 (sooner if possible please). $30 per person with cheques payable to SD #63.
Each school bring a prize.
**PLEASE let Darren know if you plan to enter a team or not for this event by April 28. **Number of berths to Islands to be confirmed.
See more info below (as of May 26).
|Campbell River – Storey Creek – May 23rd
(Paul Murphy – Paul.Murphy@sd72.bc.ca).
Top 5 teams from LVISSAA will qualify for Islands.
|Wednesday & Thursday
May 24 & 25
|Myrtle Point – Powell River – contact is Mike Austin.
Island Zone Rep is David Hyde-Lay.
2017 Lower island Golf Results
2017 Golf Provincial Championships
A — June 5 – 7 at Christina Lake Golf Club hosted by Grand Forks Secondary School
AA — June 5 – 7 at Castlegar Golf Club hosted by Stanley Humphries Secondary School
AAA — June 5 – 7 at Ledgeview Golf Club, Abbotsford hosted by Robert Bateman Secondary School
TEAM COMPOSITION AND PLAYER ELIGIBILITY
- At all levels of competition (lower island ,island, provincial) teams will consist of five members, however a coach may list more than 5 players on the individual registration form.
- No more than one team may represent a school in play-off competition at the Lower Island level.
- For Lower Island Championships, golfers should have a handicap from an 18 hole golf course, verified by the coach, to be used for ranking purposes..
- In order to be eligible, a player must meet the eligibility requirements of the BC School Sports Golf Commission, and LVISSAA. Please refer to your School Athletic Director for full rules. Teams must also meet Registration requirements of BC School Sports.
To be eligible to compete, ALL schools by April of each school year, must forward copy of player registration form to the BSSSGA.
- The rules of Golf as approved by the Royal Canadian Golf Association shall be used. Local rules will also be in play (to be discussed at the coaches’ meeting).
- LVISSAA Golf competition shall take place in the spring season of play. It shall consist of an 18 hole championship tournament held in the last week of April. *** Schools may need/wish to qualify individual players or select teams, through qualifying rounds (that could include other schools and/or Police Tournament results) at an accredited golf course.
- Teams must have at least 3 members present before the first golfer tees off.
- Female team members will play 1 tee “up” from where the boys tee off.
- Golfers must be ranked at the time of registration (1- 5). Groups will be composed of players of similar ranking. No two players representing the same school shall be in the same foursome.
- Under no circumstances shall a team bring more than 5 eligible players to a tournament. Should one of the players be unable to participate, the remaining 4 scores shall be counted.
- Scoring – low 4 scores count toward team total / individual low gross scores over 18 holes. Ties: team retrogression (4 member team) or playoff to be determined at coaches’ meeting.
- Awards to – first three teams – lowest gross over 18 hole & first low gross player.
- Substitutions: a) In the event that, prior to the start of any tournament, a player is late or is unable to play because of illness, accident or other extenuating circumstance deemed reasonable by the Commissioner, then a member of the missing player’s school, a designated spare, may replace that player. b) In the event that, prior to the start of the Island Championship, the Commissioner determines that two or more members of any team are unable to play, then the runner up team from the Lower Island Championship will take its place.
- Dress code and course etiquette will apply according to the course where the Championship is hosted. This information will be included with other Championship tournament details and will be enforced.
- The number of berths available to the Lower Island, to advance to ISLAND Competition must be confirmed (5 berths in past). The Island tournament is held approximately the second week of May and qualifies teams for Provincial Championships.
- TEACHER CONTROL – (as per LVISSAA rules & regs) At all levels of competition, teams must be accompanied by a teacher coach or teacher sponsor ON SITE FOR THE DURATION.
2016 Lower Island AAA Golf Tournament Results
2015 Lower Island AAA Golf Tournament Results