2022 Golf Commissioners – Darren Reisig – firstname.lastname@example.org & Ken Lowe email@example.com
Reminder to register teams with BCSS and with the BCSS Golf Commission.
2019 LVISSAA and Island Golf Events
|as of April 3|
|Events in North Island or Mainland||To be posted|
April 30/May 1
Contact Jeremy Preston
|Lower Island Tournament||Tuesday May 7||Highland Pacific
Please provide names, caps and grades for 5 players/school, no later than May 3 (sooner if possible please).
**PLEASE let Darren know if you plan to enter a team or not for this event ASAP. **Number of berths to Islands to be confirmed.
|May 22||Port Alberni. Contact Bob Matlock firstname.lastname@example.org|
|May 22||Arbutus Ridge. Contact David Hyde-Lay|
2018 Golf AAA Island Results
- Claremont – 311
2. Dover Bay – 315
3. Esquimalt – 317
4. Ballenas – 319
5. Oak Bay – 359
6. Belmont – 362
7. Mark Isfeld – 373
8. Spectrum – 401
9. Albeni – 421
10. Mt. Doug – DNF
*Top 5 qualify for BC Championships
2019 Golf Provincial Championships
A — June 2-4 in Kelowna at Okanagan Golf Club
AA — June 3-5 in Parksville at Pheasant Glen Golf Club
AAA — June 3-5 in Squamish at Squamish Valley Golf Course
TEAM COMPOSITION AND PLAYER ELIGIBILITY
- At all levels of competition (lower island ,island, provincial) teams will consist of five members, however a coach may list more than 5 players on the individual registration form.
- No more than one team may represent a school in play-off competition at the Lower Island level.
- For Lower Island Championships, golfers should have a handicap from an 18 hole golf course, verified by the coach, to be used for ranking purposes..
- In order to be eligible, a player must meet the eligibility requirements of the BC School Sports Golf Commission, and LVISSAA. Please refer to your School Athletic Director for full rules. Teams must also meet Registration requirements of BC School Sports.
To be eligible to compete, ALL schools by April 20 must have their athletes resigtered on the BCSS STARS registration system.
- The rules of Golf as approved by the Royal Canadian Golf Association shall be used. Local rules will also be in play (to be discussed at the coaches’ meeting).
- LVISSAA Golf competition shall take place in the spring season of play. It shall consist of an 18 hole championship tournament held in the last week of April. *** Schools may need/wish to qualify individual players or select teams, through qualifying rounds (that could include other schools and/or Police Tournament results) at an accredited golf course.
- Teams must have at least 3 members present before the first golfer tees off.
- Female team members will play 1 tee “up” from where the boys tee off.
- Golfers must be ranked at the time of registration (1- 5). Groups will be composed of players of similar ranking. No two players representing the same school shall be in the same foursome.
- Under no circumstances shall a team bring more than 5 eligible players to a tournament. Should one of the players be unable to participate, the remaining 4 scores shall be counted.
- Scoring – low 4 scores count toward team total / individual low gross scores over 18 holes. Ties: team retrogression (4 member team) or playoff to be determined at coaches’ meeting.
- Awards to – first three teams – lowest gross over 18 hole & first low gross player.
- Substitutions: a) In the event that, prior to the start of any tournament, a player is late or is unable to play because of illness, accident or other extenuating circumstance deemed reasonable by the Commissioner, then a member of the missing player’s school, a designated spare, may replace that player. b) In the event that, prior to the start of the Island Championship, the Commissioner determines that two or more members of any team are unable to play, then the runner up team from the Lower Island Championship will take its place.
- Dress code and course etiquette will apply according to the course where the Championship is hosted. This information will be included with other Championship tournament details and will be enforced.
- The number of berths available to the Lower Island, to advance to ISLAND Competition must be confirmed (5 berths in past). The Island tournament is held approximately the second week of May and qualifies teams for Provincial Championships.
- TEACHER CONTROL – (as per LVISSAA rules & regs) At all levels of competition, teams must be accompanied by a teacher coach or teacher sponsor ON SITE FOR THE DURATION.
2019 Lower Island Golf Results
Lambrick – 325
Oak Bay – 345