LowerIslandMiddle School Sports Appeal
for an Exception to Eligibility Polices for Participation
Sport:_____________________( include level)__________
Student name:___________________________________ grade_________
Reason for appeal:
(which rule is being appealed and why does the school wish to have an exception to LIMSSA eligibility rules). Additional info to be attached.
1.Does the opportunity exist for the student to participate in the “standard” participation category for this sport?
2, Have Parents been advised of the general risks associated with the sport?_____
Have Parents and student been advised by the school as to the reasons for the existing participation categories (age and gender) and the possible implications of playing outside the designated category?________
3. School Support of appeal:
Will participation of this student require modifications to the participation of team mates or players from other schools to ensure safety? ________
Have safety concerns, if any, been addressed? ________
_______________________________________________School Administrator’s signature
Please submit to Athletic Coordinator’s office Fax: ( 250) 658-6671 or email: email@example.com
– Students may not participate in a game unless eligible.
– Appeals will be reviewed within 1 week of being received.
– Appeal information must be included, as requested above.
– The school administrator and school athletic director will be notified in writing of the decision of the Executive.
– League Commissioners to be informed on the outcome of the appeal.